Join us for the Water Tower Art + Craft Market!
On Saturday, July 13 from 10 am – 2 pm, RMCAD faculty, staff, students and alumni will join local artists to sell their handmade wares on campus. Local bands will provide entertainment, while an eclectic selection of food vendors offer lunch and snacks. Demonstrations from a variety of RMCAD departments will also be offed.
Prospective RMCAD students will be able to attend workshops during the event to connect with faculty members. Lunch is provided for those who participate in workshops. Available workshops include:
- Seeing the World in 3D: Students will use 3D software to make a simple scene, then look at the real world to find the relationship.
- Simple Bookbinding
- Cyanotypes: Students will use a photography printing process
- Raku Firing: Attendees will glaze fire pre-made forms using a raku kiln
- Interior Design Chair Prototypes: Participants will build a structurally sound chair with sustainable materials
- Alginate Casting: Participants will cast a portion of their hands in plaster
- Build a Verb: Use large sheets of cardboard, attendees will visually communicate an assigned verb
Participants must choose one workshop to attend during each time period. Check-in begins promptly at 9:30am and the workshops will run until 2:30pm. There will be a campus tour at the end of the day and a chance to engage with the admissions team.
Click here to RSVP to this event!.
RMCAD faculty, staff, students and graduates can register for a table at the festival for no cost. Booth registration for local artists is available for $30.
Click here for more information.