High School Programs
Jump-Start Your Future in Art.
If you're currently in high school and are serious about your art, talk to your parents about participating in our Wednesday Night Workshops or Summer Pre-College Art Series. Led by professional artists and designers, many of whom are part of RMCAD’s esteemed faculty, these classes, workshops, and camps are designed with your future in mind.
- Get an early look at college life
- Build your portfolio in preparation for applying to an art and design college
- Learn how you can take your artwork to the next level
- Meet other talented young artists from around the country
An Epic Experience at RMCAD's Summer Pre-College Art Series
RMCAD’s Summer Pre-College Art Series gives high school students the chance to see what our BFA programs are all about before they enter college. With week-long, non-credit classes in nine different topics, participants can sample majors, expand their artistic skills, and develop their portfolio while experiencing what college life can be like for a serious art student.
These experience-based classes are a great way to explore the RMCAD campus, as well as some of Denver’s top destinations, including sporting events such as a Colorado Rockies game; festivals such as Film on the Rocks at Red Rocks Amphitheater; or cultural attractions such as the Denver Art Museum.
The program fee for the non-credit classes covers all instruction, art supplies, campus transportation, and lunch for five days. Lodging fee for the non-credit classes covers a five-night stay at residence apartments, as well as continental breakfast, dinner, bed linens and towels, evening activities, a residence chaperone, and additional campus transportation. Non-lodging students wishing to participate in the dinners and evening activities may do so by either paying their own way, or paying the Entertainment Bundle rate of $100.
RMCAD Summer Pre-College Art Series attendees who eventually enroll full time at RMCAD are eligible for a one-time $650 grant toward their tuition to recognize their dedication and investment in the development of their portfolios.
Read the RMCAD Summer Pre-College Art Series Terms and Conditions before registering. If you’ve already registered for your class, you can still add on a Lodging Package or Entertainment Bundle.
OUR SUMMER 2013 LINEUP:
- Graphic Design: User Experience + Interactive Design | June 24 - 28
- Comic Book Illustration: From Storyboard to Lettering | June 24 - 28
- Digital Photography + Video: Digital Storytelling Taken to a New Level | June 24 - 28
- 3D Animation: Animation + Game Art | August 5 - August 16th | Denver Film Society hosts a two week workshop @RMCAD for ages 12-18*
- Art Education Taster: Printmaking, Soft Sculpture + Book Making | July 8 - 12
- Fine Arts Intensive: Life Drawing, Ceramics + Photography | July 8 - 12
- Animation & Game Art: 3D Animation | July 8 - 12
- Creative Foundations: Portfolio Development | July 15 - 19
Illustration: Character Design| July 15 - 19REGISTRATION CLOSED - CAPACITY REACHED
- Interior Design: Sustainable Interior Design | July 15 - 19
Pricing is as follows:
- Weekly Tuition Rate: $650
- Optional Weekly Housing Rate: $550
- Optional Weekly Entertainment Package (for students not requiring housing): $100
- Complete Weekly Package (Tutition + Housing + Entertainment): $1,250
- Two-Week Tutition + Entertainment Package: $1,350
- Two-Week Tutition + Housing + Entertainment Package: $2,300
Registration is now open! To reserve your spot, put down a deposit today.
*Denver Film Society has partnered with RMCAD to offer a two week intensive 3D Animation course! Week 1 covers pre-production, Week 2 brings your imagination to life. The cost of the course includes your lunch for the day, all materials, and the fabulous instruction from RMCAD Faculty! Pricing for 3D Animation + Game Art 2 week workshop: $800 (Need-based Scholarships are available to those who qualify)