Committee for Critical Diversity + Inclusion Kickoff Meeting
October 25, 2018
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Mary Harris Auditorium
What is the Committee for Critical Diversity + Inclusion? Join us to find out!
About the Committee
1. Committee serves as the institutional focal point for promoting diversity and inclusion
2. Committee provides leadership and support for institution-wide initiatives
3. The committee works to diligently facilitate and support a campus environment that provides students, faculty, and staff with opportunities for excellence
4. Committee has as its goal to create and sustain an inclusive campus—respecting and valuing differences among people, encouraging and creating opportunities to appreciate, grow, and learn from those differences
5. Committee serves to foster candid dialog about all dimensions of diversity
6. The committee is dedicated to leading and collaborating on institution-wide initiatives that prepare students to thrive in a diverse world by creating a campus climate that supports otherwise marginalized persons
7. Committee serves to advise and consult with our administration in matters about diversity and inclusion
8. Committee serves to educate students, faculty, and staff on issues relevant critical diversity
9. Committee serves to promote inclusion, reconciliation, and cohesiveness
10. Committee serves to create an educational environment where everyone is capable of achieving and living their potential.