New Term, Improved LMS
In coordination with the Fall term launch, we’re excited to announce that the Learning Management System (LMS) has been upgraded. Many updates have been made to make it easier for you to access, navigate, and complete your coursework online.
What You Need to Know
- The new LMS will officially be live on September 1 and can be accessed at https://online.rmcad.edu.
- While the format looks different, the content of the LMS is largely the same. To help you navigate the new interface, you can:
- Access tutorial videos on the Student Portal (go to “Campus Info” in the main menu and click on “Online Classroom.”).
- Attend an online training session:
- Watch recordings of the online training session at a later date on the Student Portal.
- Read the LMS User Guide, which can be accessed by clicking your avatar in the upper right of the screen.
- Global messages: All of your messages can now be accessed in one global inbox to ensure you don’t miss a thing. Messages can also still be accessed within each course.
- Mobile support: You can now access some LMS content, such as video content, through your smart phone, tablet, and other mobile devices. Note: Not all content can be accessed through the mobile version, so you will still need a laptop or desktop computer to complete courses.
- Improved progress dashboard: The upgraded interface now makes it easier to view your current grade and the completion status of assignments on your individual course pages.
- Streaming video playback: Videos now are available via streaming, allowing you to access videos faster without having to download bulky files.
Our team has been working hard to make sure this transition goes as smoothly as possible for our students, but if you have any problems, we are here to help! If you experience an issue or have trouble accessing your class, as always, you can contact us here:
- Online students – contact RMCAD GO Support at email@example.com or call toll-free 1-888-RMCADGO (1-888-762-2346).
- On-ground students – Submit a help ticket to TECHBAR.
If something in your class doesn’t look right (i.e. broken link, video won’t load), please contact your instructor directly.