Mission + Values
Get to Know Us
What do we stand for?
RMCAD Mission: Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design is an innovative, rigorous and community-oriented global learning environment that inspires passion for critical thinking, preparing learners to be forces of change in their industries, communities and the world.
OUR TEN VALUE STATEMENTS GUIDE US IN ACHIEVING OUR MISSION:
- Our students come first
- We are a campus of professionals, innovators and educators
- We welcome individuality and self-reflection
- We appreciate and celebrate our community
- We communicate our campus pride and excitement
- We are committed to consistent business processes and systems while fostering innovation
- We work toward creating a financially sustainable model of higher education that considers the interests of our multiple stakeholders
- We embrace a culture of leadership, trust, and communication
- We understand the importance of taking risks and being adaptable to change
- We value professionalism and role modeling
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design (RMCAD) maintains a policy of inclusiveness that recognizes, values, and reflects the diversity of the community it serves. As an academic institution, the college fosters a dynamic learning and working environment that encourages multiple perspectives and the free exchange of ideas. Diversity encompasses multiple dimensions, including but not limited to: race, culture, nationality, ethnicity, religion, ideas, beliefs, geographic origin, class, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, and age. Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design continually strives to build an inclusive and welcoming community of individuals with diverse vision, talents, and skills. We welcome people from a multitude of backgrounds who are committed to creativity, academic excellence, societal and cultural evolution and betterment, civility, mutual respect, social justice, and the free and open exchange of ideas. Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design commits itself to these tenets of change, growth, and action, which embrace diversity as an integral part of the academic and professional community.