An Investment in Your Future
A collegiate education is a substantial investment, but RMCAD gives you all of the financial tools to pay for your schooling and succeed in your career.
You may only enroll in classes after all financial aid paperwork is complete.
Tuition rates for the 2014 – 2015 academic year, starting in Summer 2014, are as follows:
- Undergraduate (BFA and BA) Full-Time (12 or more credits): $10,860 per term, assuming 15 credits
- Undergraduate (BFA and BA) Part-Time: $724 per credit hour, assuming fewer than 12 credits
- Audit/Non-Credit: $724 per credit hour
- Undergraduate (BFA or BA): $464 per credit hour (an estimated $57,000 to complete the program)
- BFA in Interior Design: $464 per credit hour (an estimated $58,000 to complete the program at 126 total credit hours)*
- Campus students taking online classes: $464 per credit hour for online courses and $724 per credit hour for on-campus courses*
* On-campus students taking online courses ("hybrid enrollment") must consult with an Academic Advisor to determine online course availability for the program of study. Not all courses are available online. The BFA in Interior Design and the BFA in Art Education, because of accrediting standards, have limitations on the number of online courses permitted in the overall program of study. The BA in Graphic Design is an accelerated degree program. Accelerated programs are designed to enable students to complete a degree in three years or less. Students must remain continuously enrolled in campus and/or online courses for fall, spring and summer terms, at 15 credit hours per term with the exception of summer, which requires a minimum enrollment of 12 credit hours. BA students may take one term off throughout the entire degree program.
- Graduate (MA): $849 per credit hour
- Audit/Non-Credit: $849 per credit hour
Tuition does not include GearBox.
There is a one-time application-processing fee of $50, payable when you submit your application.
Cost of technology may vary each term. Generally, the first term cost is the highest in order to purchase basic, required software and hardware. See the Technology Page for more information.
Students not otherwise insured are required to elect RMCAD’s student health insurance plan when they enroll in 9 credits or more per term. The charge for health insurance is $875 per term for a full-time student for the 2013-2014 academic year; there is no additional health insurance charge in the summer term if you are enrolled during the spring term, even if you do not attend summer.
Complete tuition and fees are due in full before the first day of class for each term, unless the account has an approved a payment plan or financial aid is in process. It is the student’s responsibility to pay tuition and fees regardless of attendance.
You may pay by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover). These payments may be made either on campus at our Resource Center Desk (1st floor of the Texas Building), mailed to RMCAD, or made via telephone authorization. Payments are also accepted through the website at rmcad.edu/payment/overview.
The RMCAD Payment plan is designed to finance all tuition—or the portion of tuition not covered by financial assistance, such as grants, loans and scholarships—interest-free. Late payments may be subject to late fees and interest charges. Contact Student Accounts at 303.567.7285 for more information.
After you have registered for a course, RMCAD will reserve a space for you in that course regardless of attendance. RMCAD reserves the right to withhold grades, academic transcripts, diplomas, and letters of recommendation until all charges have been paid and your student account is cleared. Failure to pay tuition and fees may result in cancellation of registration. Payment plans are available each term you are registered, and there is a $25 set up fee each term.
The Office of Student Accounts works with students and families to manage charges for each student, including tuition, fees, health insurance, and various fines. Bills are mailed at least 30 days prior to the beginning of each semester, and tuition charges are due and payable prior to the start of each term.